The Best TV Shows and Movies to Watch Right Now on Netflix and Hulu – Everything I’m Binging on in Quarantine
Wondering what to watch on Netflix right now as you Quarantine & Chill? Well we’re all stuck at home for who knows how much longer, we might as well stay entertained, right?? Not to mention up to date on pop culture and the memes we’re coming across every day. So grab a cocktail from my drinking around the world post, or a glass of delicious wine, and cozy up to your next favorite show.
Here’s a list of some of my favorite TV shows of all time and some go-to movies to watch in quarantine
TV SHOWS TO WATCH RIGHT NOW ON NETFLIX OR HULU
If you don’t have a Hulu subscription yet, you can get the first week free trial by clicking here. And if you don’t have Netflix yet, click here!
- Friday Night Lights – for the first or the fifth time, one of the best shows to ever be on TV
- Parenthood – if you haven’t seen this series, it’s a lot like FNL – but with more family dynamics and less football. If you like This is Us, you’ll love parenthood.
- Schitt’s Creek – for a hilarious, light-hearted comedy, Schitt’s Creek is just the best. I absolutely adore all the characters in this show.
- Little Fires Everywhere – Reese Witherspoon’s newest drama (If you haven’t seen Big Little Lies or The Morning Show yet, what the heck are you waiting for??)
- Big Little Lies – one of the most well done shows ever on TV
- The Morning Show – Reese Witherspoon and Jen Aniston. SO good.
- Dead to Me – Christina Applegate and producers Will Ferrell and Adam McKay working behind the scenes. Just binged this one and loved it.
- Yellowstone – great girl/guy modern western mafia show to binge watch as a couple. My fiance and I absolutely loved it.
- The Affair – GRIPPING. Really, really good.
- The O.C. – this goes in the FNL category, starting this epic mid-2000’s series from scratch never gets old.
- Younger – really cute show. More of a chick show than a couples show.
- Succession – If you somehow haven’t seen it yet, this family-billionaire-dynamics drama series is soo good.
- Love is Blind – of course
- Tiger King – also of course
- The Office – rewatch it from the beginning. One of the best comedy shows of all time!
- Cheer – a docu-series on competitive cheerleading
- Survivor – Hulu – Yes, Survivor is still on, and Kenny and I love it. Just try not to get hooked.
- Ozark – I haven’t seen it yet but have heard really good things!
- VEEP – Julia Louis Dreyfus’s hilarious HBO show. If you like the office, you’ll like VEEP
- Parks and Recreation – Netflix or Hulu – the best!
- You – I haven’t seen this one yet, but you guys told me it’s a MUST watch
- 30 Rock – Another one of my all-time favorites, if you haven’t seen it and you love comedies, it’s a must!
- Fixer Upper – Hulu – If you like home design or need something to put on while you’re making dinner (or baking up a batch of caveman cookies). Fixer Upper is the best.
- Puppy Prep – A short-form documentary series on Hulu about service dogs in training, “Puppy Prep” is like injecting puppies ad joy right into your veins.
- Gossip Girl – one of the most iconic shows of our generation
- Planet Earth – sadly this amazing nature doc is no longer on netflix, but you can rent it on Amazon
- Outlander – I haven’t seen this one yet but so many of you recommended it!! I have to start it!!
THE BEST MOVIES TO WATCH ON NETFLIX OR HULU RIGHT NOW
- Outbreak – Netflix – this one was so good, you guys! Whereas Contagion is quite scientific, this was more of a story around a pandemic, and was entertaining (and weirdly therapeutic) to watch given everything going on right now
- Jerry Maguire – Netflix -surely you’ve seen it, but this lovable rom-com is the perfect one to watch again and again
- My Best Friends Wedding – Netflix – same as above!! one of the best romantic comedies of all time.
- About Time – Netflix – Rachel McAdams stars in this super-cute rom com all about love, and time travel
- The Bling Ring – Netflix – Sofia Coppola + Emma Watson. This is a super underrated dramedy
- Blow – Netflix – Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz in one of the most enticing dramas of all time on Colombia’s drug trade
- Inglourious Basterds – Netflix – Quentin Tarantino at his best
- The Other Guys – Netflix – Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg as two cops in an Adam McKay movie
- Stepbrothers – Netflix – Speaking of Will Ferrell & Adam Mckay – one of the funniest comedies of our generation
- The Austin Powers Trilogy – the entire Austin Powers trilogy is now on Netflix so you might want to go ahead and cancel all your virtual zoom happy hours now
- Country Strong – Gywneth Paltrow & Tim Mcgraw in a country music drama/romance that’s so fun to watch.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Netflix -If an iconic 80’s comedy is what you’re in the mood for, look no further
- Get Him to the Greek – Netflix – Russell Brand as the legendary Aldous Snow, this one was underrated and I thoroughly enjoyed watching for the second time
- Julie & Julia – Netflix – Meryl Streep as the legendary Julia Child and a New Yorker named Julie Powell who tried to cook all 524 recipes of the famous chef, really cute and well done
- As Good As It Gets – Netflix – a great 90’s romantic comedy with Helen Hunt and Jack Nicholson
- Ingrid Goes West – Hulu – I liked this dark comedy on social media starring Amber from Parks & Rec
- Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates – this one’s only available on Amazon, but it’s well worth the $3.99 rental fee. Loved it!
- Booksmart – Hulu – like Superbad, but with girls, and way more heartfelt. Directed by Olivia Wilde!
- Instant Family – Hulu – Mark Wahlberg & Rose Byrne foster children in a heart-warming dramedy
- The Interview – Hulu – Seth Rogen & James Franco in their most controversial (but hilarious) movie
What did I miss? Leave recs for all of us in the comments!!
& check out these related posts:
The best cocktails from around the world you can make in quarantine
The best wine glasses to up your stay-at-home wine game